Sunday, March 14, 2010

Date with my 16yo son to Casting Crowns Concerts

I was in San Antonio all week with the absolutely wonderful people at College Plus!, but bee-lined it home Friday afternoon to catch the Casting Crowns concert with my son.

What mom could resist an invitation from their teen son to attend a concert?  Plus I am a huge fan of Casting Crowns.   Awesome music, enough edge and some 80s rock feel to me, plus the message is awesome. Mark Hall the lead singer and songwriter knows about the cross.. and how we have to embrace it every day to find the pure joy.

He cracked me up when he said he not only had ADHD but dyslexia... how school was so hard for him but God can do anything with any of us.... all us imperfect people running around here.  He said his double-whammy LD was so cruel.. even if he could read (dyslexia), it would not matter because he could not pay attention! (ADHD)

If they come to town go see them (Cay, this means you!)---  humble, funny, great music.

Oh and Bryan and I laughed that this crowd was the nicest group of people you would ever want to see.  Polite, happy and just really kewl!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Cindy.
    I'm going to turn Casting Crowns into Top Priority next time they come here...especially for my two sons. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Cay! Happy birthday to your 17yo.. that is one of my favorite ages! :)

    ReplyDelete