Monday, March 22, 2010

Joy on a bottle of BBQ Sauce?

I guess we are officially fostering the two homeless dogs.  The neighborhood is helping but we don't have a home yet and I today I call shelters in earnest.

The girls have calmed down a bit (they were very jumpy and the rain this weekend turned into a mudfest) but they have calmed. I think they are grateful for shelter, a routine, some love and scheduled meals.  I think everyone appreciates that.

It is still a challenge as our resident indoor dog, Ralphie has lost access completely to the backyard as we have not have them checked for worms or whatever else a stray dog might have.  And getting to our garage is always an adventure, which we do often since we have a fridge out there.

Last night at dinner I proclaimed we need to name these dogs.
"I am tired of calling them Mama Dog and Little Pup." I stated with passion.

So we went around for 15 minutes coming up with names and everyone vetoed everyone else. Dh kept naming them after relatives: first after the grandmothers, then after the sisters in law.


Oldest son was coming up with medievel names or those after characters he has created.

I was going after movie stars.


Finally youngest son looked at the table and said:
"How about Spite for the puppy."  we liked it.
"And Joy for the mom."  we agreed.


Then we laughed- the names came off his soft drink can and the back of the BBQ sauce bottle.  They talk about joy on the BBQ, well that is ok.
So, now to find Joy and Sprite a home.  Dh just told me she is digging out of the yard.  Need to accelerate the search!

No comments:

Post a Comment